Tuesday, May 29, 2007

scrabble at thiry-below

Horoscope: 5.15.2007: There are good possible outcomes to negative solutions, look at the big picture...

still, i throw paint thinner
across this already blurred canvas
just to see my self-portrait
smear.

I walk jacket less into the freezing
cold which will eventually make me emotionally
sterile

but at least now i feel
a bold sense of "self-inflicted"
pneumonia

this water in my lungs leaves
me drowning or better yet
floating

upside down
without a snorkelers
tube

these bubbles burn my eyes as i
try to draw distinctive parallels between
myself

and
who
i
am

assumed thoughts so neatly pressed
and scrabble boards make for tight
competition

one we secretly hope to lose
but more so want to
win

you lost your trust but
you'll never shed how in this wintered
hat

i lost my tears but
you'll never see how because icicles can't
run

and from this bullet proof vest i
pull strings from my
aorta

in tight-rope forms to your reach with
a fifty-fifty chance i'll loose my
balance

but i have good stability
and i am willing to
try

like soldiers who volunteer for
hazardous war-time
missions

and openly place
themselves in this perilous
circumstance

in this battlefield, together with a
foreseen knowledge of what we could
be

we step into this
freezer so our hearts stay
cold.

No comments: